Flutter Gems - January 2021 Update 💙 🎉
We are excited to announce the following updates made in this release:
1000+ new packages have been added (total 2500+) along with 24 new categories with an emphasis on functionality based segregation for easy access. For example,
- User Journey category group now includes Home Screen / Launcher Icon & Name category which can help you modify app name and icons along with other home screen utilities. Also, a new App Update category has been introduced which can help your users update their apps seamlessly.
- Payment & Rewards category group can help you create payment workflows in your app along with the addition of fun spin games and scratch cards.
- 3D, Game Development, AR/VR and Machine Learning are emerging fields which now have a dedicated category group.
- Chat and Real-time Communication usage has increased dramatically during COVID times, so these new categories will help you add communication capability in your projects.
- We are all fond of the Instagram Story View, which is going mainstream as an alternative to the Carousel / Cover Flow (even the Google News App now uses Cards containing Story View).
- Developer Tools category group has been enhanced to include new categories which can help you with Testing, Debugging & Logging and gathering Performance / Crash Insights.
and many more ..
The new concept of ecosystem was introduced in the previous release. An ecosystem contains packages/package plugins (by same or different publishers) which enhance that particular ecosystem as a whole. The following ecosystems were introduced:
Continuing this trend, we have a new member:
Did we miss anything?
We would like to thank the Flutter community members for generously contributing new packages (gems) to Flutter Gems. In case your favourite package is still missing, please feel free to write back and contribute.
Don't forget to check out Flutter Gems
Follow us on Twitter and join our community